A BLIND DATE WITH THE ISHAQZAADES

 Wow!  Where do  I  even begin with!!!

My mind is too full  & I am still high with all that adrenaline  rushing movie. Still basking in the glorious intensity & passion called Isaqzaade.

Two &  a half hour & it was totally worth every penny & my time. To be honest I was a bit hesitant given Mr. Yash Chopra’s recent record of disasters but I decided to go anyway because  I have been his  fan  since DDLJ days.

I never saw the promo. Frankly because I couldn't find any interest . But then I read the reviews & it definatly worked . It managed to spark a tingle of interest in me & so I decided  “ Why not give it shot, there’s nothing to loose anyway !!!!! “ . & my Oh My !! WAS IT THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE.
  
As the movie started to roll in , the background score surrounding my ears with “ Aafaton  ke  Parinde” was enough. I  WAS  HOOKED .
Honestly I had no clue about the concept , just knew  that it was going to be some Romance novel  with the usual “  I  am so gonna hate you even if you are the last person on this planet  “ to  “ I will love you even after my death ”  kind of story. Glad for the 1st time that my judgement proved to be completely wrong.

It was as if  I was on a blind date , only later as time passed , I realized,” Damn!! It’s the best .”

It had everything a blind date should have, the Mystery, chemistry, love at 1st sight & a thrilling game of “Lets get to know each other”, peeling each others layers  off like an onion one by one.

First glimpse of Parma & Zoya as the  10 year old toddlers ,biting each others heads off simple for the sake of biting each others heads off ,  has got to be one of the most adorable  hilarious scenes ever. Reason behind all of this shebang  was pretty simple. They were taught to HATE each other since their  breast feeding days . So they were simple living it off.

Parma shouting “ Tu stupid  idiot saali  tera poora khandan stupid idiot “ with Zoya returning  it with an equal fervor “ Tu kutta saale tera  doggy bhi kutta” & you realize  you are gonna be in for  one hell of a ride.

Am a passionate  by heart . The intense kind of love stories appeal to me like  some sort of magnet. Anything that shows  equal levels of  “angst , chemistry, humour & going all out “ kind of nature  draws me in like Shakespeare  &  his  intense love for tragic  drama/romance /comic literature. Kind of makes sense now why am I so  into that Dead novelist so much though.

Ishaqzaade is one of those passionate love stories. You see the banter, the play off, the hatred , the chemistry , the “I-don’t-care-about-the –world ”  attitude shared between newcomer Arjun Kapoor &  Parineeti Chopra & it will surely remind you of the DDLJ days where Raj & simran went all out  for each other , not giving  one dam care to the boundations & self made orthodox rules of the society. 

On the same time , It is so much the opposite of the usual romantic flicks you are so used to.  This one has the slight tinge of modern day Romeo & Juliet with a mix of  passionate love hate relationship like Catherine & Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights  .

Two political families hailing from a small town of  North India, one Hindu & one Muslim , The Qureshi’s & the Chauhans’s remind you of  The Montague’s & The Capulet’s  from Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet & their family’s ever lasting hatred for each other ,as if they  took some weird kind of a  marriage  vow “ We will hate each other in sickness & in health until death aparts us”.

As these conjoined  enemies  become alleys  in order  to save their  political career & reputation from  going down the drain simply because their respective daughter & son have fallen for each other madly & truly  , we witness  something very familiar & tragic that is happening in our society  every now & then , even to this date. HONOUR KILLING.

As  these two families blatantly decide to  murder their own flesh & blood,  these two unlikely love birds knew where they were finally destined to head off to, after all the gun chasings & running & hiding  in & around the dungeon alleys.

 I wont reveal much any further than this because  this piece of art is something you should defiantly see for yourself for once. Because somewhere it relates to  that hopeless romantic side of you to these two & their version of Happily ever after.

That’s how I see love.

Breaking all the rules, When you are willing to  break free your beloved out of the prison, That My dear is called True Love.

Ishaqzaade is  a very honest tribute to all those lovers who lost their lives  because  ,in a third world fast progressing developing   country like India, religion still rules more than anything unfortunately & forbids  these soul-mates  from finding true happiness simply because the society cant stop interfering. It’s a tribute & a lesson to all those who  believe they are betraying the Lord by falling in love with another religion.

One should seriously realize because its high time now, ..Lord made Love, people made religion & boundations & rules.  HE will tell you to choose love .ALWAYS . HE is ONE. HIS religion is ONE.  

 It doesn't matter in which way &  in which shape you find it, You will have to fight for it until your very last breath.

Parma & Zoya chose Love over  religion ,over everything , fought for each other until the very end & they found their forever in a different but a  peaceful sort of  way.
Just remember one simple thing.

You are a  real ISHAQZAADE when you  will be  ready to admit it to yourself,
“YOU don’t choose LOVE  ….., LOVE chooses you !!!!!! “

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE HAD TODAY!

Passion is necessity

Goodbye My Babyboy